About Dr. Joseph P. Calderone
Joseph P. Calderone, Jr. founded Cranford Ophthalmology, in 1987. The practice provides high quality cataract surgery, including premium lens implants, LASIK, PRK, and LASEK refractive surgery as well as a full optical shop. and glaucoma treatments, dry eye treatements, as well as a full optical shop. Dr. Calderone is a New Jersey dry eye specialist and has been a pioneer in the state with the new dry eye treatment known as Lipiflow®
Cranford Ophthalmology is in a building named after Dr. Calderone's father. His state-of-the-art facility is equipped with in-house lasers and the latest in ophthalmologic equipment.
Dr. Calderone received his AB cum laude from the College of the Holy Cross in Worcester, Massachusetts before obtaining his M.D. from the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey. His post-doctoral training includes an internship at the Albany Medical Center in Albany, New York and ophthalmologic training at New York Medical College.
For a consultation with Dr. Calderone, contact our office today.
Dr. Joseph P. Calderone Jr.
- Diplomate American Board of Ophthalmology – Certified: 1989
- Clinical Instructor – UMDNJ-New Jersey Medical School, Newark, New Jersey
- Clinical Assistant Professor – Seton Hall University School of Graduate Medical Education
Hospital Appointments –
- Overlook Hospital, Summit, New Jersey
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital at Rahway, Rahway, New Jersey
- Adjunct Staff – Trinitas Hospital (formerly St. Elizabeth & Elizabeth General Hospitals)
Other Professional Positions –
- Somerset Eye Institute, Somerset, New Jersey – Board of Directors – 1995-present
Membership in Professional Societies –
- American College of Surgeons, Fellow
- American Academy of Ophthalmology, Fellow
- New Jersey Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
Dr. Richard M. Chopin
After many years in practice in Essex County, Dr. Chopin has joined the medical staff at Cranford Ophthalmology, where his skills, experience, and patience, are invaluable. Dr. Chopin is past Chairman of the Division of Ophthalmology at Overlook Hospital. And like Dr. Calderone, Dr. Chopin is also a clinical instructor in the Department of Ophthalmology at UMDNJ-New Jersey Medical School.
To speak with Drs. Calderone and Chopin about their vision correction procedures or to schedule a consultation, contact our office today.